Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Proverbs

Who doesn't love a good Proverb? They range from profound to funny and in between. Tonight I thought I'd share some of the verses in Proverbs highlighted in my Bible (this would be really long if I put all of them). Kind of in a fast and furious type style, one after the other, with only a few extra thoughts. The great thing about Proverbs is that most are pretty self explanatory, and you can apply it to your own life without me telling you how =)

Personifying wisdom: "Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace." (3:17)

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom...For through me your days will be many, and years will be added to your life." (9:10-11)


"Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers all wrongs." (10:12) Maybe my favorite of all. Life would be so much easier if we could all live this way. 


"When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise." (10:19)


"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid." (12:1)

"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up." (12:25)Again, life would be happier if we kept this in mind. Translation: don't worry, and remind your friends to do the same.

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." (15:1)

Obviously there is a lot of the book I still need to read through and think on, but I'll leave you with these favorites from the first 15 chapters.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment